How to Optimize Engagement with Your Staffing Agency Partner
No matter where your industry expertise lies and whether your brand has a product or service-based offering, these days it’s more important than ever to stand out from the sea of competition. But how can your brand achieve lasting credibility? You might be thinking there’s 101 ways to go about engaging your target audience. And while it’s true that customers have become more particular (if not a little cautious) about their buying behaviors, what they crave from brands above all is a meaningful human connection.
Digital platforms offer only one aspect of what makes a brand resonate with modern, multi-channel users. So let’s take a moment to consider one of the more underrated strategies brands can explore as part of their 2019 marketing plan: Word of mouth. More specifically, the art of communication.
Experiential Events: Bringing Brands and Customers Together
Did you know that 98% of consumers feel more inclined to make a purchase after attending a hosted activation event? Correct. A whopping 98% of prospective customers who participate in experiential events wind up buying from the brands they trust, and this is largely down to how their event staff interact with the public. From personalized product demonstrations and themed pop-up events to memorable customer experiences; there’s nothing quite like enjoying what a brand has to offer up close and personal.
Although the digital world will continue to implement clever marketing tactics using the likes of influencers, paid advertising and social media campaigns, if your brand’s goal for 2019 is to leave a lasting impression in the hearts and minds of your target customer, the storytelling part requires a little extra finesse. This is where certain brands fall short, because they don’t have the customer at the center of their story.
How to Build a Lasting Relationship with Your Staffing Agency Partner
So with customers becoming more aware of what they expect from their favorite brands, all the more reason to find the right professionals to help you win them over at your next event. Whether you’re new to the concept of hiring a staffing agency partner or you need clarity on what to expect after you sign on the dotted line, here’s our Top 5 Tips on how to foster a successful client-agency dynamic from the word go:
1. First and foremost, it’s important to provide ample lead time so your chosen agency can easily filter and secure a premium caliber of staff. As a general rule, 2 weeks lead time is sufficient for activations in most major markets. That being said, if locations are remote or staff counts are high, having 3-4 weeks lead time means your agency can source the best candidates suited to the specifics of your event. Ultimately, this will generate a higher quality of results moving forward.
2. Little details matter if you want to sustain a positive long-term partnership between brand and agency. When it comes to setting clear expectations, be sure to provide as much information as possible about who your target audience is, what your goals are and the roles staff will be play onsite. Once you’ve communicated these expectations early on, your staffing agency partner can then focus on hiring the right professionals for your requirements. It’s also worth ensuring regular updates happen so that everyone is up to speed ahead of your event and staff is aware of what to expect during training and activation.
3. Agree to strong bill rates so that your staffing agency partner can offer good pay rates to staff. Since it’s your event staff who will be working in the field and have the greatest control over how everything plays out, offering competitive rates will help attract top talent to support your event.
4. Trust your staffing partner to deliver what you hired them to do, which is to provide the best possible staff based on your specified criteria. Sounds simple enough, right? When it comes to the selection process, your agency will factor in every candidate’s past performance and skill set rather than making ‘visual’ decisions based on headshots alone.
5. Remember the importance of establishing the human connection. The same principle applies when building a lasting client-agency relationship. It’s crucial to openly communicate your wins and successes with your agency throughout the partnership. This includes everything from feedback on event turnout to staff performance reviews. Let them know what’s working and which areas could be adjusted, along with any suggestions to help you both achieve collective goals for future event activations.
Contact Encore Nationwide: Your Trusted Event Staffing Partner
Need some help securing the right people for the task? First impressions count, which is why our team works diligently to ensure the best possible outcome for your brand. We have a world-class selection of staff ready and willing to make your next event awesome, from start to finish. To find out more, simply visit our contact page today.